Some might argue with us, but we believe that the best restaurants are in the City Centre. They cater to the local market, so they have to be good and provide value for money. Five of the finest are right here in Heritage Square. Those marked with a * must be booked well in advance! We suggest the following website as a guideline: www.dining-out.co.za
- City centre: (all these are in walking distance from the hotel)
- Ginja: Fusion. Fantastic food. Regular award winner. *
- Shoga: Ginja’s sister restaurant. Informal. *
- 95 Keerom: Italian. Historic setting with beautiful food. 10 minute walk. 3 minutes drive.
- Bukhara: Indian. Loud, but the food is heavenly, especially the nan and lentils!
- Hai Ku: Asian Tapas. Food is sublime.
- Jardine: Multi award winning restaurant – fusion food.
- Baia: Stylish restaurant with great views in the Waterfront. *
- Wakame: Zen like! Great sushi and nice views.
- Tank: Situated in the Cape Malay quarter 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Contemporary.
- Watermark: Kalk Bay Harbour. Rustic. Great fish ‘n chips.
- Panama Jacks: Specialises in crustaceans. Situated in the old docks, it’s very rustic.
Best of the rest:
- Rozenhof: Elegant but informal restaurant in Kloof Street. 5 min drive.
- Aubergine: Old Church converted into fusion cooking restaurant. 5 min drive.
- Mount Nelson: High tea. Delightful indulgence. Good value. 10 minutes walk.
- La Colombe: French. Culinary mastership in the Constantia Winelands. 20 min drive. *
- Rhodes Memorial: Great views and great cakes! 15 min drive.
- Cellars Hohenort: fabulous Malay food. 20 minutes drive.
- Black Marlin: Excellent Seafood restaurant en route to Cape Point.
- Blues: Busy restaurant with great sunset views in Camps Bay. *
- Stardust: Moroccan fare with flair. Very loud and entertaining dining. 15 minutes drive. *
- Food barn: in Noordhoek, worth a stop. Gourmet lunch.
- Catharina’s: wine farm restaurant best known for Sunday brunch, but have to book well in advance.